Visit the Course Schedule for a detailed, week-by-week outline of course activities.
Lesson 03: Variables and Types
This lesson we learn:
- What is a variable? What is its purpose?
- Variable assignment, and access.
- Different data types for variables.
- How to input variables of various types, check types, convert types, and print variables with formatting.
- Arithmetic expressions, arithmetic operators, and operands.
- Class Resources
- Slides: Variables And Types
- Code Samples can be found in your GitHub repository content/Lessons/03.
- Diagnostic Quiz [Q03]
- Read / watch the resources before your take the quiz.
- The quiz can be found on Blackboard.
- It must be completed the day before lecture day.
- Coding Lab [L03]
- The lab is in your Git repository folder: content/lessons/03/Class-Coding-Lab
- Turn in your completed lab using the git submission procedure.
- Lab must be completed by the end of the day 11:59pm before your recitation day.
- Homework [H03] Now You Code 2
- The homework assignment can be found in your git repository folder content/lessons/03/Now-You-Code/NYC2
- Turn in your homework using the git submission procedure.
- Must be completed by end of the week: Saturday evening 11:59pm